Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving Twofer Pie

The recipe for this weeks Tuesdays with Dorie was a Thanksgiving Twofer Pie, which is a pecan pumpkin pie. As I have previously stated, I am not a nut person. I was very skeptical about this recipe, but since I was going to a Thanksgiving dinner at my grandmother's house with all of my extended family, I figured I would bring something to share.

IMG_0617

When it was time for pie, I was the first person to cut into mine and I took a tiny slice. I took my first bite, and my immediate thought was, "Dear god. This is horrible." Not willing to give in to my panicky instincts (I absolutely CANNOT let my family eat this - would anyone notice if I hid it in the trash?), I decided to try a second bite. Unfortunately, there was no improvement.

IMG_0619

But by then, it was too late. The pie was already occupying space on a half dozen plates belonging to my family. And despite my hesitations, they loved it. I got rave reviews. In fact, one of my uncle's even asked if he could take the leftovers home. Except to my surprise, there weren't any.

IMG_0621

I guess my personal tastes aren't necessarily an indicator of what everyone else will enjoy. If you are a lover of pecan pie, you should give it a try. Who knows, you might even like it (you can find the recipe on Vibi's web site here).

2 comments:

vibi said...

Thank you Jen, for participating with me this week! I'm glad the pie turned out okay and it got rave reviews from other... sorry though, you despised it so much! No matter what, it looks great!

Unknown said...

I always think my attempts at baking aren't good but my tasting panel always rave about it, especially the TWD selections. I guess we're our worst critic. ;-)

Welcome to TWD!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...