Monday, November 17, 2008

Rugelach

When I first saw the recipes that had been chosen for the month of November for Tuesdays with Dorie, I have to say I was disappointed. Not a single one of them was something that I ever would have chosen to make for myself. Well, there was one that I might have chosen, but I doubt it. Needless to say, because these recipes were for foods that were unfamiliar to me, they put me outside my comfort zone. And I really like being comfortable.


The prejudice I had toward these recipes is the main reason that I am two weeks behind on my Tuesdays with Dorie posts. But yesterday I decided to try out the first recipe, rugelach; a traditional German cookie. I used raspberry jam, chocolate, hazelnuts and currants for the filling.


And you know what? It’s pretty darn good. The dough turned out flakey, the filling was sweet, and the tiny two bite size was perfect. So thank you Grace of Piggy's Cooking Journal for forcing me out of my comfort zone and allowing me to discover something new and exciting.

1 comment:

Pamela said...

Oh, I'm so glad you tried this one. I haven't been so crazy for the recipes chosen in November either, but I really loved this one. I have to make more dough to get these suckers on the holiday cookie trays. Great job.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...