Sunday, October 19, 2008

Pumpkin Muffins


I have never been so happy that I decided to join Tuesdays with Dorie. I just ate a little piece of pumpkin heaven. Every fall I am reminded of just how much I like pumpkin. And in case you were wondering, I like it an awful lot.

So many thanks to Kelly from Sounding my Barbaric Gulp for choosing this recipe!

I made the muffins mostly according to the recipe with only a few adjustments to better suit my tastes. Instead of the raisins and nuts, I made half of the batch with mini semi-sweet chocolate chips. I added dried cranberries into the other half of the batter and sprinkled raw sugar on top (just like when they come from the bakery!).

The only downside to these delicious muffins was that they were slightly overcooked, even though they were in the oven for less than the 25 minutes that Dorie recommends. Next time I’ll start checking on them earlier, because I already can’t wait to make them again!

1 comment:

Sondra said...

I love these Pumpkin muffins...especially the ones with the chocolate chips in them. To make the muffins last even longer, I started eating them with a fork because they seemed to disappear in 5 bites or less!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...