Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Savory Corn and Pepper Muffins

I have been on a quest for the ultimate cornbread recipe for a long time now. This has led me to try out plethora of recipes, and to have a sudden sinking feeling when I realized what this week's Tuesday's with Dorie recipe was.

Not. Another. Cornbread. Recipe.

IMG_1080

But, I reasoned, this was a different take on cornbread. I am normally not a fan of bread that is full of stuff, but I was willing to give this recipe a shot. For the sake of TWD, if nothing else.

And the results? These were ok. I decided to halve the recipe, but forgot to halve the jalapeno (oops), so they turned out a little hotter than I had anticipated.

IMG_1083

But I didn't end up as hung up on the veggies inside as I thought that I would. They were actually, gasp, good. They might not become a staple in my repertoire anytime soon, but I can see myself making these to accompany a soup or barbeque dish. And the cheddar cheese I sprinkled on top, crisped up nicely and was a perfect addition to this crumbly muffin.

IMG_1084

3 comments:

Cooking for Comfort by Jennifer said...

oof! The cheese looks SO good on top! Beautiful job!

Anonymous said...

Oh, these would be good with barbecue. Didn't think of that.

I just wanted to try a savory recipe. We were dying of sugar shock over here!

Pamela said...

The crispy cheese was the first thing I noticed!! Great job.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...